Get a Fresh Start for Fall
Each month we’re here to give our fabulous followers the latest news and insider tips from deme’s team of experts. Autumn has arrived, leaves have begun to fall, and it’s almost time to rake. Start by raking in all your bad habits, and throw them away! Begin a routine that’s fresh, healthy, and right for you. Read up on all of deme’s Fall favorites to get your health and beauty regimen on track for a fab season.
With every wish for your continued health and fabulousness,
Your devoted team at deme
This Fall, leave the reds and browns for the leaves! When your sun-kissed skin fades, what is left behind? If you notice a few new spots and fine lines, there’s no need to worry. The Alma Lasers at deme can help you reveal beautiful skin by treating skin discoloration, vascular and pigmented lesions, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Contact deme today for more information! 215.561.3363 or 610.688.3363
October is here and the pumpkin craze is in full swing. We love it in our lattes and as a sweet treat, but pumpkin doesn’t just taste good. It’s packed with plenty of health benefits that will make you feel good about eating it! Here are some of the nutritional benefits you can enjoy this Fall:
- Pumpkin is a great source of fiber with 3 grams per cup. Eating a fiber-rich diet is a great way to feel fuller for longer, which in turn promotes weight loss. Fiber also promotes a healthy digestive system.
- Orange foods tend to be high in beta-carotene, and pumpkin is no exception. Beta-carotene is an antioxidant and precursor to vitamin A that is linked to cancer prevention, healthy skin, and sharp eyesight. In fact, one cup of cooked pumpkin contains more than 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in phytosterols, which reduces bad cholesterol and promotes heart health.
- Potassium-rich foods like pumpkin balance the body’s electrolytes, which restores energy and promotes muscle health, making pumpkin a great post-workout snack.
- One cup of pumpkin has more than 11 milligrams of vitamin C, which is linked to a healthy immune system and is thought to help in fighting off colds.
Last month, Dr. Tom Griffin and nurse Maureen Griffin from the Griffin Hair Restoration Center of Philadelphia attended the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) Conference in Chicago. The conference was host to leaders in the field of hair restoration from around the world and covered topics in all areas of hair loss treatment. Dr. Griffin and Maureen attended seminars on eyebrow transplants, FUE (follicular unit extraction), SMP (scalp micro pigmentation), and PRP (platelet rich plasma). “We are gratified to see that we are using the most modern technology and methods, which have been proven to work by other doctors in the field,” commented Dr. Griffin.
One of the latest advancements in hair restoration is the upgrade to site making technology by ARTAS. Physicians can now design personalized recipient site patterns on a 3D patient model, which can then be transferred to the ARTAS Robotic System to perform an aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking hair transplant. This new technology is now available at the Griffin Hair Restoration Center of Philadelphia.
Fall Make-Up Trends
As the leaves are changing, so are the trends. Make-up is one facet of your look that you can always experiment with while having fun. If you’re a fan of bold lips, rejoice because red is making a comeback. From bright berries to deeper oxbloods, red lipstick has returned as this season’s staple look.
When it comes to eyes, metallic shadows aren’t going anywhere, but bronze is stepping into the spotlight. Make-up artists have been opting for this warmer metallic as opposed to more classic golds and silvers. Line your eyes with a graphic black liner that will elongate your eyes and make them pop, and finish off with your favorite mascara.
Pair this look with a subdued red or a more neutral-hued lip color. Take a break from contouring, and add some warmth to your face with a peach or rose blush. This will give you bright cheeks without having to spend time outside in the brisk, Autumn air.