Wake Up Your Tired Skin!
Each month we’re here to give our fabulous followers the latest news and insider tips from deme’s team of experts. This month, it’s all about starting over with a fresh face. If your skin is feeling drab and looking tired from your same old routine, it’s time to wake it up with a skin reboot! Follow these steps for a brilliant glow that will give the summer sun a run for its money.
With every wish for your continued health and fabulousness,
Your devoted team at deme.
- The first step to any skin care regimen is to exfoliate. Begin your reboot by using a gentle scrub, or even a Clarisonic cleansing brush, 2-3 times a week to eliminate dead skin cells and reveal a fresh layer of vibrant skin.
- After you have a fresh layer of skin to work with, it’s time to hydrate. Quench your skin’s thirst with a moisturizer suited to your skin type. For extra dry skin, emollient rich creams are the best choice because of their rich hydration content. Serums and water-based moisturizers are best for oily skin while a light lotion or serum is great for combination and normal skin. If that’s not enough, try a thick moisture mask for about 10-minutes before going to bed. For a more in depth look on moisturizing for your specific skin type, check out this piece on hydrating regimens from deme’s clinical aestheticians.
- Be sure to drink a tall glass of water every morning, and stay hydrated throughout the day. When you’re not getting enough water, your skin shows it. Eat a diet full of antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables like berries, spinach, and beans to give your skin an extra boost and help fight against skin damage.
- It may take a little while for your skin to show some results. While your waiting for your reboot to take effect, fake it until you make it! Use a light concealer to cover up your dark spots and some blush to define your cheekbones. This will give the appearance of a radiant glow even if your skin is still rebooting itself from within.
- Finish off your routine everyday with an SPF before leaving the house. Protecting your skin from the harsh rays of the sun will keep your skin soft with a luminous glow!